Monday, June 29, 2015

So I was laying here, about to take a nap when an old worship song came on and I instantly started missing the ministry I used to be a part of years back. Nostalgia tends to hit me every so often and I miss old days. But two things caught my attention. One was that the worship song shouldn't remind me of what I was doing, but Who I was doing it for! So I tried to get my heart right and then the second thing popped up. I looked out of my window and can see at least 10 children I have the honor and privledge to serve for my God. I also looked out and remembered, yeah those old days were great, but what I get to do now is pretty awesome!!! So then I start thinking about how God works and how he brought me to this place and a memory from my childhood popped into my head. Do you remember those old commercials where Sally somebody with big hair asks you to send money to help starving children and then it cuts to adorable distended bellied babies? I distinctly remember seeing those commercials as a child and in my mind I saw myself personally handing canned food to that old man or child. It didn't click anything for me, I didn't think as a child, oh that is what I'm going to do, or anything, but even as a child, my mind went straight to- doing it directly, not sending Sally money to do it. It makes me wonder now if even from a child God was planting things in me to guide me to where I would end up. I mean I know He does but it's just wild to me to actually think of one that at the time didn't have any real meaning to me, but to think of it now and what my, goodness, 8 year old self pictured. I guess I just think that is kinda neat. Not sure why I wanted to write about it, but here it is!

1 comment:

  1. The Lord works in mysterious ways…he just gave you a lil preview from your child-minds’ eye as to what your future would hold!! Pretty cool huh? Dajivouish…(that’s a Farenism!)πŸ₯΄He gave you a. Christian heart as big as the moon!
    A giant servant heart,unselfish, giving,happy,gifted,bright,trusting,
    Gracious, loving, I could go on & on!!! We think of you often & take great pride in your work & dedication…take care & know that we love & pray for you & Jubilee…
    Jesus loves you, this I know, and so do we!! Be safe…AF&UD πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️♥️πŸ»πŸ™πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete