Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter in Jubilee

Although today I did miss helping my little cousins hunt eggs and the big dinner with all the family, last night with my other family was absolutely incredible. I must say is was probably the closest thing to actually honoring the true reason for this holiday that I have ever done for Easter. Last night we gathered up some equipment and went out to Jubilee and showed the Passion of the Christ on the side of the school/feeding center. We must have had at least a hundred people gathered around watching the story of what Christ did for us. What was even more incredible was that it meant at least a hundred people in Gonaives was not out celebrating "satan's victory over Jesus" instead! I didn't think I would be able to watch that movie again, and the second time hurt just as much as the first. But watching it with all these people, all of us getting to have an idea of the sacrifice that was made for us, and seeing the power of that sacrifice, it was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment