Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I don't want to neglect all the beautiful things going on here, but once again I start to write and all that can come to mind is the little boy's face- His name was Mejlin, he was ten years old, and he had some sort of developmental delay. He got away from his family two mornings ago and went out to the ocean, they searched for hours and hours and finally found him after he had drowned. I had only talked with him a couple of times, but two of his sisters help me out in the school. I tried to love on the two girls the best I could, but there are no good words even when there isn't a language barrier. I went to see the family and got to pray with them and thank Jesus that he isn't sick anymore and he won't be hungry or hurting again, but I can't imagine what that Mama is feeling right now. I think I understood what they told me was that he was too young for them to put him in the morgue, so the little boy was in a little shack in the back of their house. I don't think death has ever felt so real or so unreal all at the same time. Please pray for this family, for Nerlande and Lovemita- and their other sisters as well.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say, why Jesus, why him and not me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because now he won't try to eat bread crumbs off the floor when he has a whole piece in his hand, and have seizures, and be sick or hurting. Now he is with the Father and that part is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete