Thursday, July 18, 2013

Operation VISA continues

Wow. Ok, so here is how my morning started out in my journal: Lord, here I am, opening up this space to you. 3 times I heard yesterday to make space for your beauty, your Grace, your miracles. Lord, here I am, open and excited to receive. I've struggled with the selfishness of this cause but Lord I think this is something you want to give me. So Lord, despite the fear of failure and getting let down- I'm opening myself up, opening up the opportunity for you to show out. Thank you Lord, thank you Lord for it All. I'm sorry Lord for when I stop even bothering to get a vase-so I want to stand here ready with the vase-confident in who You are. Lord I love you, thank you. (the vase is referring to the book 1000 gifts where her point of view was being shifted from -getting flowers, find a vase, to have a vase ready to receive the "flowers" or beauty, or grace, or miracles.) And can I just tell you THE LORD CAME THROUGH TODAY!!! or maybe I should say, I finally came through- I finally gave Him the space to show out, so He did!! And wow am I floored by it. So I said before I had loose appointments at 8,9,and 10. Well they became 8:30ish, 10:15ish, 11ish, most of the rest of the afternoon, and then 6:30 til 10:30ish, with then another event, not related to these events after that. But it was all so great that now I am writing about it instead of going to bed. Cause I need to give praise for stuff like this. I don't know if you know how difficult the correct paper is to get here, but in my experience, it usually isn't quick. Well I have 9 documents I need for this custody thing, I already had 4, and in ONE DAY, ONE DAY, I got all 5 of the rest of the documents I needed and now I will go back to Port tomorrow at 6am to hand them over so I can then jump through the next hoop! Valmy was a godsend today, he helped me with every single one of them, including staying up past his bed time to translate the last document into french for me. He made me cry this afternoon. I was kind of waiting for him to say something, but I went ahead and offered him a little money as a starter for all the help he had given me. I had wanted to at least take him to lunch or something for what he was doing, but there wasn't time, so I was going to give him some money for him to go eat. So I try to hand him some money and he asked me what I thought "help" was? He said when I am working I am working but when I am helping that is not work. 99 times out of 100 here, when someone wants to help me, they do so, and then ask for some "help" back. And although I know Valmy is a great guy, I figured he would want something out of this, I mean he gave up his whole morning. So yeah, I cried a little. Especially since money was kind of a sore spot for me right now. I was trying hard not to worry over it, but it was on my mind (not that I would mind giving Valmy money though, his help was totally worth all the money I have!) But speaking of which, after all of this day is over and I am recounting it here, I realize that when I was told yesterday to open up space, I see now it was also in terms of using up all my financial resources. And also there being a purpose for my money being tight right this minute. The first few documents were not expensive at all. But then the last one, was the one I had a 6:30pm appointment, and for two hours this guy, sat with me and he wrote Youvendjy's life history, in the dark, beside and empty pool in the back part of Bienet Social. So this guy is off the clock, came in special, didn't even start talking about money until halfway through. So I was like, oh no, this is going to be bad. And he does that thing where- well how much do you have? How much do you want to give me? So I was honest with him. I said I have about $150 american on me, and $49 at my house. And I owe someone 3000 Haitian dollars. And I don't know when more money will come. So he kept talking about how expensive this service was, and then finally said that $150 would not be enough for the right price for this service. He told me some numbers and then we kept working on the paper. And when it came up again I took out everything I had in my wallet and I gave it to him. (I had already bought my bus ticket for tomorrow). He sweetly gave me back 250gourdes so I would have a little cash on me. And I realized that if I had had anymore money, he would have taken it. I think that is one of the reasons I was not supposed to have a lot of money right now. I was going to have to give what I had, and since I didn't have a lot, I only had to give what I had. And then, as I was explaining to Valmy tonight the rest of these events because he had to go to class, I realize that I had that $49 left but that I didn't bring it with me and I am supposed to go to Port tomorrow. So then here comes the hand of God's provision through one of His children, Mr. Tim Hall. He stops me a while after I have this realization and he asks me if he can play daddy and puts $50 in my hand. There I go crying again. THank you Mr. Tim, I wish you knew how much you have blessed my heart and have really provided exactly at the right time. This is also pretty cool that one of my thank you's today was Mrs. Cruz's story of "the same $50!" I will tell that another time, but it just made me smile the way God is working and how exciting it is when I am actually paying attention and seeing it. Cause it is so intricate and beautiful. Wow, I am getting very long winded, and there is even more to tell, but those are sad parts that are not related to the VISA adventures really, they are separate so I think I will wait and talk about those tomorrow. So the short version is, GOD IS GOOD and I am so thankful that He is so willing to show me over and over. I am reminded of the story in the Bible where they had to build a room- man, I can't think of the whole thing, but it fits with this. I will look that up tomorrow on the bus! and will finish that thought later too! Thank you Lord for really showing out and thank you to the people that were a part of this day, I believe your prayers made this day happen. And I pray and ask you to pray for one more tomorrow! Port-au-Prince here I come! oh wow, in like 5 hours, Goodnight!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sobbing! Thank you Lala for blogging. I have been reminded again to thank God for shut doors or in this case, lack of money...Papa God always has a purpose...even when we can't understand it. Love you!! oh and..I believe the blessings are directly related to the blogging. Keep blogging...please...You are pouring out to others. It's a beautiful thing..really it is...and in so doing, making space for him to pour more in. Praying for you today! Shelby

    ReplyDelete