Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Trip to Port for Letter of permission to travel

I thought today was a success...then I came home and translated the instructions they gave me. Now I am not sure-it's still good because i feel like I am moving in a direction, but the thing they are getting me to round up papers for is for temporary custody. If that gets me a letter of permission then that is good, but the fact that it is called temporary makes me nervous. So I decided to keep everyone posted on the events of this process so that my family can know all that I am doing to get this boy to them!!! hehe I left this morning at 5:30 on the bus and went to Port and met up with Hein's friend, who is also a police chief or something like that. He took me to the IBESR office where I asked for the letter. They said I needed this other paper, so I went to that part of the office and they gave me this list of documents I need to get temporary custody. Thankfully, i have most of these and the ones I need I HOPE will not be too hard to get. I decided to come on home to see if I could start working on them today. I got on the bus back to Gonaives and they had me sit in the front to the left of the bus driver. I flashed back to like 1st grade when I had to ride the bus home for the first time and Casey wasn't on there yet and I got scared, so the bus driver, Ms. Arthamay, let me stand behind her on the bus til Casey got on. Oddly enough, both this time and that, i was the only blanc on the bus! hehe So that was a fun adventure, chilling with the bus driver! But then there was a road block in L'Estere. SO we were sitting and sitting and waiting, and people started looking for other ways to get by. So what do I do? I walk my happy self through town in the middle of a manifestation. I have to tell you though, it was not nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. Long stretches of nothing, then a line of rocks on the road, then a bus parked in the middle of the road. Then another line of rocks. Then a few more trucks blocking the road. Then a few people with branches, a few people with their faces covered, and a lot of people walking the opposite way as I was. Then a line of tires and a few broken bottles and a line of logs. And that was it. I saw one guy throw one bottle on the ground and that was it. I kinda thought it was lame. Anyways, then I hopped on a tap-tap and headed back to Gonaives. There I started working on these papers I need and every place said--tomorrow morning! So I have appointments at 8, 9, and 10 tomorrow, hopefully I will get what I need and be able to get back to port in a few days to see what is next on this scavenger hunt! Thank you for the prayers! We will see what tomorrow holds!

2 comments:

  1. One step at a time! I love that you are pushing through...and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to want things to be cut and dry..tell me what to do and I will do it sorta things...so I can only imagine your frustration. I am pd aying that tomorrow at 8, 9, and 10, you will have favor and opened doors and that at the opening of your mouth, words will be given to you that will cause things to move in the right direction!!!

    ReplyDelete