Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wounds

As the broken bones are set, the blood from wounds are washed away, and the rubble is piled high, now starts the time where the deepest wounds are starting to show. I saw the first tears from losing a loved one yesterday. As this man spoke to me about his father, he tried to sing the words of his father’s favorite song, but was unable to finish. He told me that his father was a good man, that his faith was strong. His father had told him that he had nothing to give him but Jesus. As we sat together for those few minutes we tried to be excited for his father, getting to be with Jesus, but the pain of his absence is just so hard. I refuse to even imagine what that must feel like. It is hard enough to be a country away from my family, but to think about a final separation, at least in this world is too much to bear. But I wanted to take time to think about this man, for us all to think about this man, and all these people who are left behind, who lost mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends. I have never liked the idea of a funeral, but to think of these people who were buried in masses, sometimes without the family even knowing. Some just having to wonder. . .how do you grieve that? How do you comfort through that? I know my God is bigger than all of this, but the pain is here and the pain is real, and then still you have to focus on continuing to survive. Without Jesus in their hearts, I don’t think they will be able to. Jesus I pray revival in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment