Sunday, February 21, 2010

Amazing People!

So I have been wanting to talk about this for a while now, but I was afraid that I would leave someone out so I had not done it yet. But I decided that since you guys are awesome enough to have done the things you have done you are also awesome enough to forgive me if I leave you out of this thanks!!! As I have started on this journey it has been absolutely incredible to see the people who have come along side of me and helped me to do what I have set out to do. The prayers, the money, the trips to the store in preparation, the smuggling of certain items, it has been so beautiful to feel the love and support-- even if they think I am crazy for what I am doing!! As I prepared for my trip wonderful people like Mrs. Lisa Bevill, Mr. and Mrs. Cole, Mr. and Mrs. Alloco, Chris and Paige, Jennifer Kovac, Megan and Brian Hendrix, Tim Jones, Adam Pelletier, Matt and Michelle Rait, Sabra and Gary Priester, Sharon Cathey, Katie and Zeke Terrell, Mr. and Mrs. Allen were so awesome to bless me with gifts and supplies to take to Haiti!! Thank you all SO MUCH!!!
My family too are so amazing, my Mama has taken care of so many things I can't even name them all!! She has jumped in and been my state-side handler of affairs! On top of the fact that she has loved me through this extremely difficult time for her! It's not easy to let your kid run off to another country! My Daddy is the same, loving me though all my decisions- even when it looks so crazy to him. When the clock started ticking for me to leave he jumps in with all kinds of supplies- batteries and flashlights, making sure his baby is taken care of!! Then my aunts!!! Oh my Aunts!! Aunt Lynn and Aunt Sabra were in a mad dash with me getting medical supplies and the absolute necessities- like gushers all packed away so I could make my flight in time! Then Nancy Madry joined in the fun and loved on me with gifts and advice!! My brother too! met me in valdosta to bring things I had forgotten or didn't have time to buy before I left! There was also family that have supported me and are supporting me with prayers, advice and with money! Aunt Lynn and Uncle Neil, Aunt Sandra and Uncle Tyron, Chris and Paige, Uncle Buster, thank you all so much for loving on me and the people of Haiti!! I also know I have had some incredible prayer warriors for me, including Ms. Rhonda, Aunt Faren, Mrs. Hurd's church I think!, my World Race team, and I know there are more, please forgive me for not putting you all in here because I am so blessed by each and everyone of you!! I know your prayers over me and over the people of Haiti are really getting God's attention and favor! My heart goes out to my sister, who might be mad that I mention this but has been so amazing for me my whole life, she really is my hero. And for her to have to endure the pain of helping me leave for the place she loves, that is in a time of need when she had to go in the opposite direction- that speaks to how incredible of a woman she really is. Then of course there is Hein- who got me into Haiti!! and took care of me, and always takes care of me! Oh I am such a blessed woman, because the list goes on and on! The people of much ministries are continually taking care of me and supporting me. I just am overwhelmed by God's provision through the people He has put in my life. I had the amazing opportunity to work with a few teams since I have been here. Thank you so much to Ms. Cindy, Ms. Allison, Dr. Karen, Mr. Jim, Mrs. Debbie, Mr. Jeff, Johnathan, Kelly, and Adam who all made incredible contributions to helping me do what I am doing!! Then came John- thank you so much man for everything!! And then more incredible people came, I have been blessed to work with two teams from Omaha Rapid Response- who have done everything from letting me talk to my Mama for the first time, to giving me the shirts off their backs!! Or big scary knives to keep bad guys away! Thanks Greg!! Thank you also Nichole!! You were all such a blessing to me and to Haiti! Thanks too Doc for teaching me! Then I have to talk about Mrs. Stacy Stage, she is one of the most incredible people I have met! She, along with Mr. Don, was working in the UM hospital at the airport and agreed to go out with me to the tent cities and ravine to treat. Not only was it good for my soul to spend time with her but she also taught me so much in the short time we were together- she also gave me her scrubs and what is really huge--a ped's stethoscope- for all you non-medical people, that is a BIG DEAL!! Thank you so much!! Oh, I wish there was a way to really let people know how incredible their involvement has been in this past month and how their actions will allow even more to happen in the future! Just writing this blows my mind again at how beautiful God's family is!!! Thank you all so very much. I know I am not mentioning everyone, I know there have been gifts given that I don't even know about!! And I thank you so much for them and I am sorry I don't know about them yet!! But I am so very grateful!! And I hope that you know that! Thank you for being the Hands and Feet of Christ- it is a beautiful thing to see!

2 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome,La La Thanks for being a blessing to so many! YOU ARE LOVED AND PRAYED FOR! (finally found your blog and love it!
    ms cindy

    ReplyDelete